• N. Korea Says SLBM Test Not Targeted At US
North Korea released stills of its submarine-launched ballistic missile earlier this week. (Photo: KCNA-Yonhap)


North Korea said Thursday its test-firing of a new submarine-launched ballistic missile earlier this week was not targeted at the United States.

In a statement carried by the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency, a foreign ministry spokesperson said there is no need for Washington to "worry."

The spokesperson expressed concern over what was described as "abnormal" reactions from the U.S. and the United Nations Security Council, which held an emergency meeting in response to the latest missile launch.

The official called the meeting "very provocative" and said the U.S. and the Security Council are "tampering with a dangerous time bomb."

North Korea added that the SLBM launch was its "rightful exercise of right to defense."

On Wednesday, Pyongyang confirmed that it fired a ballistic missile from a submarine the day prior and said "it will greatly contribute to putting the defense technology of the country on a high level."




Please send comments to tbsefmnews@gmail.com / copyright © tbs. Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.

개인정보처리방침  l  영상정보처리기기방침  l  사이버 감사실  l  저작권 정책  l  광고 • 협찬단가표  l  시청자 위원회  l  정보공개

03909 서울특별시 마포구 매봉산로 31 S-PLEX CENTER | 문의전화 : 02-311-5114(ARS)
Copyright © Since 2020 Seoul Traffic Broadcasting. All Rights Reserved.