• S. Korea On High Alert Over Cluster Of COVID-19 Infections In Seoul
Health authorities on high alert over COVID-19 mass infection in insurance call center
Health authorities on high alert over COVID-19 mass infection in insurance call center
Health authorities are on high alert over a mass infection of novel coronavirus that has emerged among employees of an insurance call center in the South Korean capital.

Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon told a local radio station on Wednesday that so far 90 people, including call center workers and some of their family members, have tested positive for the virus, marking the largest cluster in the city.

The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned more cases could be confirmed as they were screening over 500 additional employees.

The call center is located in Seoul's southwestern Guro District, in the Sindorim area, and many of its employees are know to have commuted to to work from Incheon and cities in Gyeonggi Province.

In response to the latest outbreak, regional governments nationwide are rushing to check all insurance, telecom, and other call centers to see if they are at similar risk.

Around 80 percent of coronavirus cases in the country are classified as cluster infections, most of which come from members of the Shincheonji religious sect based in Daegu, with the remaining 20 percent either considered as sporadic infections or cases that have yet to be determined.■

<Photo: Yonhap News>

Please send comments to tbsefmnews@gmail.com / copyright © tbs. Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.

개인정보처리방침  l  영상정보처리기기방침  l  사이버 감사실  l  저작권 정책  l  광고 • 협찬단가표  l  시청자 위원회  l  정보공개

03909 서울특별시 마포구 매봉산로 31 S-PLEX CENTER | 문의전화 : 02-311-5114(ARS)
Copyright © Since 2020 Seoul Traffic Broadcasting. All Rights Reserved.