• Govt Plans Third Evacuation Flight For S. Koreans, Families In Wuhan

Head of the central disease control headquarters Kim Kang-rip announces South Korea will deploy its third chartered place to Wuhan.
Head of the central disease control headquarters Kim Kang-rip announces South Korea will deploy its third chartered place to Wuhan.
[Anchor]

South Korea is preparing to send another plane to China in the coming days to evacuate remaining nationals and their families from the city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.

This follows two previous airlifts that brought back more than 700 Koreans earlier this month.

Sehhyeong Kim reports.

[Reporter]

Local health officials said on Monday the government will send a third chartered flight to evacuate some 150 nationals in and around Wuhan tomorrow.

Unlike in the first and second flights, it will allow Korean residents' parents, spouses and children of Chinese descent to board the plane.

The interior ministry said 173 earlier evacuees from Wuhan, who are under quarantine at the National Human Resources Development Institute in Jincheon, North Chungcheong Province, will be discharged on Saturday if they do not show any symptoms.

In regards to travel restrictions, the government is recommending South Koreans avoid visiting Southeast Asian countries where cases have been confirmed.

Meanwhile, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the 14-day quarantine period for nearly 3,000 people who entered the country from Wuhan from January 13-26 has ended today.

The number of confirmed cases in South Korea remains unchanged at 27.

Sehhyeong Kim, eFM News.■

<Photo: Yonhap News>
Please send comments to tbsefmnews@gmail.com / copyright © tbs. Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.

About us  l  The grievance

COPYRIGHT 03909 31, Maebongsan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea S-PLEX CENTER | Tel: 082-2-311-5114
Copyright © Since 2020 Seoul Traffic Broadcasting. All Rights Reserved.