(Photo: Yonhap News)
Civilian tours to the Joint Security Area along the inter-Korean border will resume next week.
The United Nations Command said in press release Thursday the move is in line with U.S. Forces Korea lowering its health protection condition for COVID-19 by one notch to "Bravo" as the South Korean government extended Level 2 social distancing in the capital region earlier this week.
The tours will be limited to 20 people per group to prevent the spread of the disease.
The U.S.-led command said it will continue to monitor the coronavirus situation in the country and take necessary measures to keep visitors safe.
Visits by civilians to the truce village of Panmunjom were suspended in mid-December amid a third wave of the coronavirus.
Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org / copyright © tbs. Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.